Sunday, October 12, 2008

Problem with Mac OS after update

My iBook G4 (tiger) is having a problem I updated the software. There was an infinite loop of "Your network settings have been changed by another application" pop up when I tried to configure the network.

Apparently lots of people had the same problem after the latest security update is applied. Arrrghhh. After following the discussion below, I managed to "fix" the problem. (Basically, I removed all locations except automatic in the Airport configuration.)

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1710040&tstart=0

I can't beleive that Apple is so sloppy in their product (software). Oh well...

1 comment:

Chikara said...

it's good you're posting about the problem here. i'm expecting responses or suggestions about this problem.

mac, why is this happening?