Monday, February 24, 2014

Looking For Flexible Email Clients With Multiple Accounts

Here's the deal, I have (too) many email accounts. Each mail for different purposes; teaching, business, (community) public services, personals, and testing. Aside from my gmail / yahoo accounts, these email accounts reside on many mail servers, some of which my own. On one machine I have multiple outgoing email addresses and one (or two) incoming emails. The different email addresses are mainly aliases.

I use all kinds of email clients. Currently, I use mutt and Thunderbird. In the old days, I used elm, mutt, Pegasus, and Eudora. In the old email clients I can set the outgoing email address to whatever I want. Currently, this is not working with Thunderbird. It is limited to ONE username per server. (Maybe it is a way to protect users from creating fake email addresses?) How do I force it to use multiple user one one server?
(Update: this is solved by "Manage Identities" configuration in the Account Settings.)


Anyway, should I roll my own Mail User Agent (MUA)? or stick with Thunderbird (with the above solution)?

2 comments:

Rahasia Cantik dan Ganteng Orang Asia said...

wah kalau ngomong masalah klien memang berhubungan dengan email juga nih sebagai sarana prospek

Obat darah tinggi said...

btaterima kasih atas info nya kak,,,