Saturday, June 03, 2006

UNIX is Music?

unix-house-of-musicWe all know that UNIX is an Operating System, but UNIX is also Music? Don't believe me? Have a look at the picture on the left.

This picture was taken Mei 2006 at Grand Preanger Hotel, Bandung. Apparently their fun place is called "UNiX's: The House of Music". Whoa. That is new and news to me. This place was used to be called something else (I forgot).

I have not had a chance to enter this house of music. Don't know if I ever be. The name is interesting, though. I wonder if they serve "login:"? ha ha ha. Maybe the menu is in command line?

6 comments:

ronny said...

The waiters, err.. I mean servers, there are smaller in size, you have to talk to them in "cryptic" language to order something. And each of them only does one thing, but they all do their own things really well, and they can work together by using some kind of "pipes". And I don't know what their obsession with "files" is all about, I mean everywhere you go in there.. it's all files.

b3cak said...

hehehe. kalau berkunjung kesana, kayanya harus mampir dan mesen satu /root beer. :D

pandri said...

nothing so special inside, i've already take a look, using remote shell from my computer :)

Anonymous said...

Bet you, that all of their computers are running Windows!

Anonymous said...

Kalau di Salatiga UNIX itu nama warnet :D OS nya emang UNIX like sih alias Linux
Ngomong-ngomong, penulisan nama sistem operasi UNIX yang benar gimana sih? UNIX or Unix or unix or UniX or uniX or ...?

Rully said...

This place was used to be called TD's Cafe?