Saturday, October 22, 2005

Engineers vs. Lawyers

I was reading Thomas Friedman's "The World is Flat," book and found an interesting paragraph (and quote):


One problem we have today, though, is that so many Amarican politicians don't seem to have a clue about the flat world. As venture capitalist John Doerr once remarked to me, "You talk to the leadership in China, and they are all engineers, and they get what is going on immediately. The Americans don't, because they're all lawyers."


I love if when they talk dirty :-). Not all lawyers are clueless, though. Lawrence Lessig seems to be an anomaly. What do you think about leadership in Indonesia? Are they clueless?

2 comments:

a0z0ra said...

Kalo gitu di Indonesia leadership banyak dipegang ama militer atawa orang2 yang berpikiran kayak militer ..

Tul gak? *grin

BTW I just bought the same book.. very interesting indeed

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thank you for having this info on the web. I enjoyed your post. If you may have any interest in
debt consolidation
then I know where you may get your solution. For your comfort, I have enclosed the link, so if needed you can visit the site. Thanks again for your lovely blog. credit