Skip to main content

straight 24-hours

I am already up for 21 hours for no apparent reasons. Will I stay up for 24 hours? I don't know.

It started this morning at 3 AM. This is the month of Ramadhan, where Muslims fast during the day. So I did my breakfast at around 3-ish. After that, I checked my emails and did some writing, preparing for my presentation tomorrow (or today, since it has passed midnight).

Morning came and I took my daughter to her school. Back from the school, I worked on my presentation again and checked on reports that my company must submit. By the time I was finished, it was already close to afternoon. I had to pick up my daughter. So I did. Then, I went straight to Bandung High Tech Valley (BHTV) workshop. [BHTV web. BHTV blog.]

At the workshop I listened to presentations and tried to get some insights. Armein Langi's presentation was good. The discussion was lively. I am excited with the possibility of actually realizing our BHTV's dream. Although, it wasn't what I expected since I thought that Bandung would pick up the idea. But, nooo... the city of Cimahi is probably who is going to realize this dream.

After supper, I was back at home and was waiting for a meeting. The meeting got cancelled. Fine. Actually, I kind of hoping it get cancelled because I would then have time to work on my presentation.

I was thinking of making a bit different presentation, since I've got sick with plain Power Point presentations. I've got the idea after watching Dick Hardt's presentation at OSCON 2005. It is a very good presentation! You have to watch it. (I ended up making a regular presentation. I hope it is still good.)

At the end of his presentation, there was a text saying that his presentation was modelled after Lawrence Lessig's presentation. For those who don't know, Lawrence Lessig is a professor in [cyber]law. He's one of the few lawyers who dig open source. I knew Lessig from his web site. I often visit his site. But, I usually read his stuff, not listening or watching his video. After watching Dick Hardt's presentation, I decided to search of Lessig's video archive. I found some, but I could not download most of them. I have to view them online. My Internet connection is not that fast (128 kbps, shared). So, it is out of the question. I have to use the offline version. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good Lessig's video.

At the same time, I decided to check PBS' Nerd TV archive. One of my friend here has downloaded a copy. So I watched Andy Hertzfeld's interview. Bob Cringley was the interviewer. (I knew him from his "Triumph of the Nerds" documentary. Like the film a lot.) I knew Andy's from the many book of Macs that I have. I also visited his Foklore.org site.

Having done all of this ... it's 15 minutes pass midnight. I am still awake and still excited with all of this. I wonder if there's other people like me (crazy enough to get excited with technology)?

Well, I decided to go to bed. I have to wake up at 3:AM. I should have a good 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Good night.

Or, should I say, Good Morning!

Comments

za said…
Pak Budi hati-hati dengan beraktivitas. Memang benar dengan "Why we should take holiday, if working is so much fun". Terus, bisa juga dilanjutkan "Why we should take a rest, if working is so much fun".

Lebih baik tidur diawal, dan bangun di mendahului matahari.

Semoga berguna.
Anonymous said…
hehe..ada fakta yg mengatakan klo kurang tidur itu akan membuat kegemukan, dan itu terbukti pada soulmate saya :D
Everyone whose get crazy with IT technology would have the same habbit I guess, I ended up and started my day in front of my lappy, and I think I'm not that crazy about it.
It just sometimes 24 hours is still not long enough for me..I'm wondering, is there extension time for busy people like we do?..hehehe..
btw I catch my train to Bdg tonight, can't wait to go home too :D
"Selamat Hari Raya Idul Fitri" :) May God bless you an your families.

Popular posts from this blog

Himbauan Kepada Hacker & Cracker Indonesia & Malaysia

Kepada Hacker & Cracker Indonesia & Malaysia, Saya mengharapkan anda tidak melakukan penyerangan atau/dan pengrusakan situs-situs Indonesia dan Malaysia. Saya mengerti bahwa akhir-akhir ini beberapa masalah di dunia nyata membuat kita kesal dan marah. Namun kekesalan tersebut sebaiknya tidak dilimpahkan ke dunia maya (cyberspace). Semestinya sebelum melakukan aksi yang berdampak negatif, kita bisa melakukan langkah-langkah positif seperti melakukan dialog (melalui email, mailing list, bulletin board, blog, dan media elektronik lainnya). Kita harus ingat bahwa kita hidup bertetangga dan bersaudara. Yang namanya hidup bertetangga pasti mengalami perbedaan pendapat. Mari kita belajar bertetangga dengan baik. Saya berharap agar kita yang hidup di dunia maya mencontohkan bagaimana kita menyelesaikan permasalahan dengan kepala dingin dan hati yang lapang, sehingga para pemimpin kita di dunia nyata dapat mencontoh penyelesaian damai. Mudah-mudahan mereka dapat lebih arif dan bijaksana

More bad news with Malaysia - Indonesia

I've got more emails and news about bad news between Indonesia and Malaysia. To be exact, there was a news about RELA (not sure what that is) that goes out after Indonesians in Malaysia. There were incidents where they hit Indonesians, rob, and do horrible things. I cannot even write this is my blog. I am so sad and frustrated. What's going on with Malaysia (and Malaysians)? What did we - Indonesian(s) - do to deserve this? I thought there should be less boundary between Indonesia and Malaysia. But ... What's going on there, bro & sis? You know, more Indonesians now feel that they are offended by Malaysians. I can tell you that this bad feeling is increasing. This is a bad publicity towards Malaysia. People are now creating various calling names, such as "Malingsia" (it's a short of "maling" [thief] "siah" [you, Sundanese]), and worse.

Say NO to APJII!

Prolog At the end of 1997, I went back to Indonesia from my studies and work in Canada. The .ID domain management in Indonesia at that time was in a confusing state. Nobody wanted to manage it. Universitas Indonesia (UI) - the original maintainer - was in a fight with APJII (the Association of Indonesian ISP). In the end, IANA gave me a mandate to manage the .ID domain. Since then, I manage the .ID domain with open management. There are problems, but mostly minors. Until recently, when APJII (again) is trying to take over the .ID domain management from my team. Here's a short info to give you a head start. Short summary APJII (the association of ISP in Indonesia) is trying to takeover the .ID domain management in Indonesia. They have tried and will try everything to take over. Long description I've been managing the .ID domain since the end of 1997. At that time, nobody wanted to run the domain management. First of all, a brief description of how we run things. To run the .ID d